Projects are educational opportunities that members of the St. Croix County 4-H organization can participate in and learn a new skill, make items they wish to have, and have fun learning. Projects are split up into the following categories.
- Cloverbuds (for youth in grades 1 & 2)
- Explorers (for youth in grade 3)
- Youth Leadership
- Animal Sciences (covering all meat animal, dairy, birds, and pet type animals)
- Small Animals
- Cultural Arts
- Family & Child Development
- Knitting & Crocheting
- Foods & Nutrition
- Home Environment
- Mechanical Sciences
- Shooting Sports
- Plant & Soil Science
- Flowers & House Plants
- Special Projects
Choose a category in the menu to the left to get started learning about the various projects. Return your completed enrollment and code of conduct forms to your general organizational leader. Check with your General Leader for the Club Due date. General Leaders need to bring the enrollment forms to the UWEX Office by November 15 of each year in order to enroll youth in the projects you have specified. Below are the enrollment guidelines to follow when signing up for a project.
- Youth in 1st grade are eligible to enroll in the 4-H Youth Development Program.
- Youth will be eligible for membership through the next 4-H year following graduation from high school.
- 1st and 2nd graders MAY ONLY sign up for the Cloverbud project.
- 3rd graders MAY ONLY sign up for the Exploring project. (Explorer members are eligible to show one animal at the fair, indicating what species on your enrollment form to receive animal mailings.)
- 4th graders and above (traditional members) may enroll in up to SEVEN projects plus Youth Leadership.
- Each 5-digit number is considered equal to one project unless otherwise noted.
- There will be some district and statewide activities where participation will be determined according to age, not grade. (WI State Fair - 12 Yrs & older to stay in dorm).
- Project literature is available for all projects unless noted. Your General Leader or Enrollment Coordinator will order literature that is grade and project experience level appropriate for you. To keep literature costs down please keep these materials from year to year and share with siblings when appropriate. St. Croix County government through the county 4-H account covers literature costs.
- Any questions concerning which projects to enroll in and how that project will relate to fair exhibits please call your General Leader or the Extension office at (715) 684-3301 x5.
Photography consists of the following projects. Click on the appropriate project in the menu to the left.
Any combination of projects in Photography and Videography count as 1 project toward the 7 project total.